I spent quite a bit of time wrestling with Coppermine. At first look it seemed exactly what I wanted, but as I strive to have valid HTML/CSS on this site I was rather horrified at the mix of HTML that Coppermine produced. I guess this is from different people working on sections over time.
However, I managed to get the pages it outputs within a few small errors with validation, so that made me satisfied enough to go ahead and set it up.
It wasn’t easy sorting through the code and I almost gave up but found a renewed desire to try again. The HTML output is generated in a rather convoluted way in lots of different functions and I still haven’t tracked everything down.
My lack of experience with PHP is definitely slowing me down with this.
Other than that, Coppermine is really easy to install and start using.
The first photos are up and I’m very pleased with the ease of using it.